Medior Java Developer
Amsterdam-Duivendrecht, Noord-Holland, Netherlands€40,000 - €65,000 per yearProduct/IT
transferz operates a global B2B booking platform for ground transportation, dedicated to travellers, travel brands, and transfer companies. Travellers can complete their travel plans with door-to-door transfers by selecting the transfer they want, based on vehicle type and price, and enjoy peace of mind on the first and last mile of their journeys.
With coverage in 150+ countries, 800+ airports and more than 1.500 transfer companies in the network, Transferz is truly global. We have gained the trust of leading international travel brands like Booking.com, Expedia, MakeMyTrip, Amadeus and Traveloka. For these travel brands transferz is a one-stop-shop, providing global ground transportation solutions to their customers, whilst capturing interesting ancillary revenues.
We’re growing fast, and we have the ambition to become the market leader in ground transportation worldwide. Therefore, we are looking for a Java Developer to take our platform to the next level.
What we’re looking for
In the Java Developer position, you’ll design, develop, and maintain high-performance Java applications as part of transferz' microservice platform. You'll work in a with cross-functional teams to deliver innovative solutions in close collaboration with product managers and designers to ensure that our applications meet and exceed our customers' needs. Your work is an example to peers and you will participate in code reviews to ensure that code meets our high standards for quality and ensure they will remain up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in Java development.
Besides our API's, our digital product portfolio ranges from traveller and driver apps to back office portals used by transfer companies, reselling partners, and our internal teams.
We work in a (relatively) small team with sky-high aspirations. As such, your efforts have a tangible, visible impact on the success of our company.
You will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer. The Java Developer is a full-time position with the possibility of working part time (minimum 32 hours). As we greatly value collaboration with peers, you will work primarily from our easily accessible Amsterdam office. As such, we are only accepting applications from candidates currently living in The Netherlands and have a valid working permit.
We believe it’s the people that make the business and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us in creating an open, transparent, motivating, inspiring and fun working environment. We have a typical scale-up culture, growing fast, hard-working and have huge ambitions.
We are a tech company in hearts and minds, but understand that technology is just a means to serve our partners and travellers. Passion, teamwork, and informal communication are the basis to create a successful experience that allows every traveller to enjoy peace of mind. With true global coverage, transferz is a multilingual and multinational company and believes in fostering diversity.
The transferz microservice platform consists of 25+ independent microservices built on Spring Boot (2.6+). The platform utilizes JPA to interact with a PostgreSQL based data store and all database schemas are managed using Flyway. We utilize GitHub for version control and have completely set up our CI/CI pipeline using GitHub Actions. Our strict quality control gateways enforced during pull requests (peer review, code styling, static code analysis, unit & integration test coverage) ensure our applications stay healthy - all services have >90% code coverage on automated tests. Our platform runs on Google Cloud Platform using Kubernetes and we use DataDog for log management and application monitoring. Our frontends are built on React and interact with the microservice platform through GraphQL.
Note for recruiters: acquisition based on this job posting is not appreciated
We believe you’re suited for the role when you:
- you currently live in The Netherlands and are available to work from our Amsterdam office;
- have at least 3 years experience in a Java development;
- are friendly, communicative and like interacting with stakeholders in- and outside the company;
- thrive in an informal office working atmosphere with driven and ambitious peers;
- have worked extensively with Spring Boot (2+) and the Spring Framework to design & build scalable, high-performance applications;
- have thorough knowledge of JPA2 and ORM implementations such as Hibernate, as well as plain SQL, experience with Flyway or Liquibase is a plus;
- have a firm grasp on Docker, experience with Kubernetes is a plus;
- have set up and maintained CI/CD pipelines, experience with GitHub Actions is a plus
- have experience with cloud-based deployments (GCP, AWS or Azure)
- have a solid understanding of software design principles and patterns;
- have extensive knowledge on designing (RESTful) API’s;
- have experience with application monitoring and performance optimization, experience with DataDog is a plus.
We can offer you:
- a full-time position with the possibility of working part-time (minimum 32 hours).
- a market-competitive salary with secondary benefits;
- a multilingual work environment where you can be yourself and grow your skills through feedback;
- all the tools you’ll need to excel; both hardware and software;
- flexible working hours, office-based (limited possibilities for remote working)